Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda's report

2005-02-16 11:09:02
Subject: RE: Amanda's report
From: "Gil Naveh" <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:02:36 -0500
Gene, thanks for the help.
Per your request below is the section that describes why I got the Strange
message:

  FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

  /-- servername    /bck/folder lev 0 STRANGE
  sendbackup: start [servername:/bck/folder level 0]
  sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/sbin/ufsdump
  sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/bin/gzip -dc
|/usr/sbin/ufsrestore -f... -
  sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
  sendbackup: info end
  ? Unable to create temporary directory in any of the directories listed
below:
  ?     /tmp/
  ?     /var/tmp/
  ?     /
  ? Please correct this problem and rerun the program.
  |   DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Wed Feb 16 00:46:26 2005
  |   DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
  |   DUMP: Dumping /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s6 (servername:/bck) to standard output.
  |   DUMP: Mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  |   DUMP: Mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  |   DUMP: Writing 32 Kilobyte records
  |   DUMP: Estimated 230640 blocks (112.62MB) on 0.00 tapes.
  |   DUMP: Dumping (Pass III) [directories]
  |   DUMP: Dumping (Pass IV) [regular files]
  |   DUMP: 230590 blocks (112.59MB) on 1 volume at 10095 KB/sec
  |   DUMP: DUMP IS DONE
  sendbackup: size 115295
  sendbackup: end
  \--------

The above section shows that Amanda was not able to create temporary folders
in /tmp/ - but I checked it and it is not a disk issue as well as
permission? (I was able to manually create (as Amanda user) a new folder in
/tmp )
Any ideas why Amanda is having problem creating temporary folders?

Thx,
gil