Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda's report

2005-02-16 10:27:24
Subject: Re: Amanda's report
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:17:18 -0500
On Wednesday 16 February 2005 09:45, Gil Naveh wrote:
>After running Amanda's backup, I receive an email with a report
> about the last backup.
>The first section of that report is: "FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP
> SUMMARY:" and under this section I get the following message:
>
>  FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>     servername    /folder/to/backup lev 0 STRANGE

You didn't post all the summary, so we can't guess really well.

>What does STRANGE means?

What it usually means here is that some file changed while it was
being read, like here, I get squawks about mail files from time to
time because kmail is running 24/7, and may do a mail fetch run,or
decide to purge old messages while amanda is running.

>I checked the data that was backed up on the tape and was able to
> restore it - should I ignore that message or what does Amanda tries
> to tell me?

Dunno, post the rest of summary and we'll take a look.

>Many thanks,
>gil

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: