Amanda-Users

Re: configure for amanda server and client coordinations

2005-02-03 17:59:43
Subject: Re: configure for amanda server and client coordinations
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:50:40 -0500
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 12:50:55PM -0800, Nina Pham wrote:
> Please let me setup the scenerio first for 2 unix machines. The amanda
> server machine(amserver) is running redhat linux 9, the amanda
> client(amclient) machine is running FC2. In addition to serve the client
> machine, amserver also backups some files locally. The amserver is
> already setup to backup itself. I'm installing amanda on amclient now.
> This is my first time to set up amanda, so it's confusing how the client
> and server coordinates so that the server will backup itseft and also
> backup files from amclient.
> From amclient: I do ./configure --with-user=general --with-group=disk
> --with-amandahosts --with-configdir=/Backup/Configs
> --with-config=WeeklySet --with-index-server=amserver
> --with-tape-server=amserver --prefix=/Backup/usr
> --with-gnutar-listdir=/Backup/amanda/gnutar-listdir.
>
> Did I get it right?

  (-: if that is what you were trying to do :-)

If you haven't already done it, you may wish to look at configure's
help output.  Most of the options are explained - some well, some
maybe more cryptically than you would like.

Also, I like the "how-to install" document fromt the source tree
"docs" directory.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)