Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda server crashed!!!

2005-01-31 10:11:58
Subject: Re: Amanda server crashed!!!
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: Kevin Alford <kevin.alford AT tmctechnologies DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:04:37 +0000
Kevin

yes..

http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda-24.html

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic
Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

Kevin Alford wrote:
My Amanda backup server crashed, and I had to rebuild it.  I was running
Amanda 2.4.2p2 on AIX 5.1 ML6.
I desperately need to restore the data from my Amanda tapes, but I don't
have the Amanda index files.
Isn't there a way I can use native Unix to read and restore my tapes
written by Amanda?
Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Kevin D. Alford

the system manager.