Amanda-Users

Re: archiving tapes?!

2005-01-28 14:22:01
Subject: Re: archiving tapes?!
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:16:05 -0700

--On Friday, January 28, 2005 11:22 -0700 Mark Costlow <cheeks AT swcp DOT com> wrote:

The script is fairly generic (I tried not to let it depend on my local
environment too much, but there may be some gotchas).  I was also lazy
about a couple of assumptions (like the fact that my dumps all used gtar).
If anyone wants it, let me know.

I'd love to have a copy of it...While we're right now using vtapes, we'll be changing methods to a tape library soon, but I want to keep offsite dumps as well...I think this would be easier than doing them 'in' amanda. I know the script isn't exactly meant for that but it's a starting point, and will save me coding time.

Thanks!