Amanda-Users

Re: "Failed Queue"

2005-01-25 04:17:08
Subject: Re: "Failed Queue"
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Nick Danger <nick AT hackermonkey DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:48:12 +0100
Nick Danger wrote:
FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
 tesla.hack /usr lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to incremental dump]

Im assuming this is because I had tried, and failed, using dump before, and now I need to 'clean out' the database records? How do I reinitalize it back to 'this is the first backup you'll ever do' state?

You probably are dumping to holdingdisk, without tape.
You probably have not changed the "reserve 100" default, resulting
in 100% of the holdingdisk being reserved for incrementals only in
case there is no tape.

The message means:  Amanda cannot do an incremental when there is not
yet a full (level 0) done; and that level 0 is inhibited by not having
diskspace on the holdingdisk, because it is all reserved for incrementals only. Probably.