Amanda-Users

Problem with chg-multi

2005-01-22 19:21:22
Subject: Problem with chg-multi
From: vicki AT progeny DOT com (Vicki Stanfield)
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:12:40 -0500
I am reconfiguring my amanda setup to use two tape drives. I have
made what I believed to be the appropriate changes to my amanda
configuration, added the second drive to the scsi bus, and made the
appropriate devices (/dev/nst2, etc). The differences between the old
amanda.conf and the new are these:

< #Added by Vicki to configure for two tape drives
< tpchanger "chg-multi"
<
< tapedev       "/dev/nst{1,2}" # the non-rewinding device to write
tapes
---
> tapedev       "/dev/nst1"     # the non-rewinding device to write
> tapes
52c49
< define tapetype HP-C5683Ax2 {
---
> define tapetype HP-C5683A {

When I run the amcheck command, I get the following error:

"/etc/amanda/Progeny01/amanda.conf", line 36: tapetype HP-C5683A not
defined
amcheck: could not find config file "/etc/amanda/Progeny01/amanda.conf"

Obviously, I have done something wrong here. Can I buy a clue?

Vicki