Amanda-Users

Re: spaces in share/directory names

2005-01-11 10:57:34
Subject: Re: spaces in share/directory names
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:49:59 +0100
Hi, Paul,

on Dienstag, 11. Jänner 2005 at 16:02 you wrote to amanda-users:

>> Is it possible? I heard that recent versions of Samba accept
>> share/directory names with spaces. What about Amanda?
>> If it must be hacked, could anybody point me where to start?

PB> Two possibilities; both not very confortable...

There is (at least) a third one that I use in my test-setup here. It
is limited to Linux because it depends on the ability to mount
CIFS-shares.

You may do something like

mount.cifs //WKS001/C$ /mnt/cifs/WKS001/C

Create a link:

ln -s "/mnt/cifs/WKS001/C/Program Files" /somewhere/winprogs

after this you may use plain GNUTAR in your dumptype and may use
something like this in your disklist

/somewhere/winprogs nt-tar 1

even with multiple excludes and etc.

This is not a recommended thing yet, also Paul is right with his note
about Windows-Programs ...

Just to let you know ...

Sure it is much easier to just create a new share called "Programs".

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger