Amanda-Users

Re: sendbackup failure

2004-12-21 05:56:42
Subject: Re: sendbackup failure
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Narada Hess <Narada.Hess AT adic DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:41:11 +0100
Narada Hess schrieb:
Hi, I'm not sure whether this reached the list, as I have gotten no
related to the below without any definitive success.  Thanks in advance
for any help...
I am having some problems with a backup that used to run fine. The
client and server are the same machine, running RedHat 8.0, with Amanda
version 2.4.5b1.  Anyone have any ideas?  Two problems:
1. Amanda seems to think the dump is larger than the tape, even though
after taking the exclude files into account, the total to be dumped is
about 90 Gb onto a tape I have defined in amanda.conf to be 200 Gb
capacity.  Is it possible that the exclude file is being ignored or
improperly processed?

Yup this seems to be the main problem.
how is your exclude-file defined in amanda.conf?
it has to be as

exclude list    <path/to/excludelist.file>

if you specify it as

exclude file    <path/to/excludelist.file>

exactly that file will be excluded, not it's contents.

Christoph