Amanda-Users

Re: Exclude may not be working

2004-12-15 09:33:35
Subject: Re: Exclude may not be working
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:29:15 -0500
On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 02:27:09PM +0400, Madhvi Gokool wrote:
> Hi
> My amanda backup server has the following filesystem structure : -
>
>                                        /
>                                       terrasky
>                 tsfileserver         tslibrary         amandaholdingdisk
>
> As part of daily backup , /terrasky is backed up (level 0) with the exclude
> file containing  tslibrary and amandaholdingdisk .  This works perfectly and
> I have around 6 GB of data written to tape.
>
> tslibrary is a nfsmounted  from another server sa03
>
> During my Weeklybackup, I maintain the line /terrasky in my disklist and
> have the same dumptype as for Daily bkup.
> When I run amdump WeeklySet1 , and run amstatus, the estimate for /terrasky
> is found to be 11 GB but when /terrasky is dumped to disk the size increases
> to 23 GB .  Now, I know that /tslibrary from sa03  of approx 12 GB of data
> was just dumped to disk before sa01 :/terrasky .
> How do I bypass this problem as it seems that amandaholdingdisk is also
> being backed up ?

If I understand correctly, /terrasky is in the disklist of both configs
(daily and weekly) but is not backing up in similar fashion.

I'd first check the configs for differences.  Here is one quick and dirty
partial check that might catch some overlooked variations:

    $ amadmin disklist <daily_config>  server_host_name /terrasky > /tmp/daily
    $ amadmin disklist <weekly_config> server_host_name /terrasky > /tmp/weekly
    $ diff /tmp/daily /tmp/weekly
    $ rm /tmp/daily /tmp/weekly                 # when done :)

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)