Amanda-Users

Exclude may not be working

2004-12-15 05:36:24
Subject: Exclude may not be working
From: "Madhvi Gokool" <madhvin AT yahoo DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:27:09 +0400
Hi
My amanda backup server has the following filesystem structure : -

                                       /

                                      terrasky

                tsfileserver         tslibrary         amandaholdingdisk

As part of daily backup , /terrasky is backed up (level 0) with the exclude
file containing  tslibrary and amandaholdingdisk .  This works perfectly and
I have around 6 GB of data written to tape.

tslibrary is a nfsmounted  from another server sa03

During my Weeklybackup, I maintain the line /terrasky in my disklist and
have the same dumptype as for Daily bkup.
When I run amdump WeeklySet1 , and run amstatus, the estimate for /terrasky
is found to be 11 GB but when /terrasky is dumped to disk the size increases
to 23 GB .  Now, I know that /tslibrary from sa03  of approx 12 GB of data
was just dumped to disk before sa01 :/terrasky .
How do I bypass this problem as it seems that amandaholdingdisk is also
being backed up ?

regds
madhvi