Amanda-Users

Exabyte Packetloader and AMANDA ?

2004-12-07 08:50:15
Subject: Exabyte Packetloader and AMANDA ?
From: "James D. Freels" <freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:38:57 -0500
Exabyte sells a new and relatively inexpensive auto loader device.
Called the "VXA-2 PacketLoader 1x10 1U Autoloader".  I have no
experience with autoloaders and AMANDA as I have been using AMANDA now
for years with manually-loaded tapes.  I do know from reading the
AMANDA docks that some autoloaders are supported.  Does anyone have
any experience with this new device and AMANDA ?  Will it work OK ?
We are getting ready to place the PO.