Amanda-Users

Re: Maybe OT but a big problem with SOLARIS

2004-11-23 04:11:07
Subject: Re: Maybe OT but a big problem with SOLARIS
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: bwkstuttgart AT yahoo DOT de
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:06:30 +0000
Michael

There's of diagnostics you can do with a SUN. It may well be bad RAM or other hardware issue. SUN should be able to talk you through all this..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Michael Schaller wrote:
Hey!

Maybe this Thread is a little OT, maybe it isn't.

During a few days we've big problems with one of our servers.
It's a SUN FIRE V480R with external StorEdge an a external changer (Overland LoaderXpress with a single LTO-1 drive from HP) attached.

As I wrote a few weeks ago the system run fine with AMANDA and the changer. Only in the fist night after configuring AMANDA with the changer the automatic backup started and the complete system crashed!!
Solaris didn't give any messages in /var/adm/messages ...
The system was frozen, the only way to get the system back to life was a "poweroff". After that the system was really fine for a few weeks.

Last week the same shit happend. The complete system was frozen.

We opened a call but without any messages sun was not able to solve the problem. During the last two days the system crashed two times.
But now the system does a automatic reboot.

Anybody ANY hints??

I get crazy ...

Thanks in advance
Michael