Amanda-Users

Re: Is there a proper way of killing a dumper?

2004-11-08 08:25:39
Subject: Re: Is there a proper way of killing a dumper?
From: Greg Troxel <gdt AT ir.bbn DOT com>
To: Sven Rudolph <rudsve AT drewag DOT de>
Date: 08 Nov 2004 08:20:43 -0500
  > I have one computer which is busy now, and is dumping *very* slowly.
  > I want to kill the dumper for this computer.

  You can kill one dumper. Find the pid and kill the process.

You can also kill the dump process on the computer being backed up.
But don't kill sendbackup; let it notice that dump died and send an
error back.  This avoids attrition of dumpers on the server, although
that might not matter.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt AT ir.bbn DOT com>