Amanda-Users

Re: Is there a proper way of killing a dumper?

2004-11-08 03:36:39
Subject: Re: Is there a proper way of killing a dumper?
From: Sven Rudolph <rudsve AT drewag DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 08 Nov 2004 08:58:46 +0100
Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org> writes:

> I have one computer which is busy now, and is dumping *very* slowly.
> I want to kill the dumper for this computer.

You can kill one dumper. Find the pid and kill the process.

Finding the right dumper process could be difficult; on Linux an "ls
/proc/pid/fd" shows you the open files, and the name of the holding
disk file tells you what this dumper is doing.

Amanda then writes to the logs that the dumper has died; and AFAIR
this DLE is not retried.

        Sven