Amanda-Users

Difference between amcheck and amdump(planner)

2004-11-01 15:47:46
Subject: Difference between amcheck and amdump(planner)
From: Per olof Ljungmark <peo AT intersonic DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:43:19 +0100
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out why "amcheck" returns OK every time for a specific client but the actual dump fails in the planner stage:
planner: [Request to <client FQDN> timed out.]

This started when the client was upgraded from FreeBSD 4.10 to 5.3RC1, but strangest of all is that SOME dumps work and I cannot for my life undertand why. No changes where made to the amanda server or general configuration.

Is there a way I could simulate an actual dump instead of using amcheck?

There are no traces on the client in /tmp from the actual run but the amcheck logs are all OK.
The "sysctl net.inet.udp.maxdgram=63535" parameter is set.

Suggestions?

Per olof