Amanda-Users

Unable to use amrecover with a Windows 2000 backup

2004-11-01 14:02:59
Subject: Unable to use amrecover with a Windows 2000 backup
From: TJ <tariq.juneja AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:56:39 +0000
Hi

I have Amanda set up and working with amrecover on
Solaris successfully. However I am having issues with
recovering data from a samba/windows 2000 backup.  The
backups seem to be working from the Windows 2000
server with a STRANGE dump message - it does provide
bytes of data backed up. However when i use the
amrecover command I get the following message when i
try to setdisk in amrecover:

501 No index records for disk: //windowsserver/c$.
Invalid?

I can sethost and listdisk but when i try to setdisk I
get the above.

What can I do to get around this?

Regards

Tariq Juneja "TJ"