Amanda-Users

Re: Sony_AIT_Library_LIB_D81_A3EU or other streamer

2004-10-27 12:52:59
Subject: Re: Sony_AIT_Library_LIB_D81_A3EU or other streamer
From: TheQL° <TheQL AT ish DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:49:04 +0200
Hello,

first of all thank you for your answer, helps a lot.

Before I buy there is just one last question ;)

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:09:30 -0400, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> wrote:

Scsi tape drives are pretty uniform in their kernel requirements.
It matters little, if at all, which drive/changer you select as
far as the OS is concerned.

So I take it Sony doesn't build weird whatsoever into their streamers, since this link http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Sony_AIT_Library_LIB_D81_A3_LIBD81A3EU only states Windows support.

Is there anybody out there that could actually recommend this tape drive or say, no, stop, it's crap buy Brand X Model Y?

Thanx once again. Next time you hear from me is probably when I'm having problems configuring amanda.

--
TheQL°