Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda client on Redhat 2.4.9-31

2004-10-04 12:12:48
Subject: Re: Amanda client on Redhat 2.4.9-31
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:03:56 -0400
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 11:31:08AM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> ERROR: mssarc: [could not access /dev/sda12 (/iarc/vol): Permission denied]

What are mssarc and /iarc/vol?  They make me wonder whether this
is indeed a locally connected disk.  If it isn't, there are other
factors you haven't mentioned.  (Presumably the typical NFS
root->nobody mapping doesn't apply, but there might be a similar
thing getting in your way.)

>         group           = disk

ISTR that there's some xinetd setting needed to get it to put the
program into the correct group(s).  Perhaps group= is the thing
I'm thinking of, but take a look.  (I'm also not sure whether it
even matters in a gtar context...)

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
The animal that coils in a circle is the serpent; that's why so
many cults and myths of the serpent exist, because it's hard to
represent the return of the sun by the coiling of a hippopotamus.
        - Umberto Eco, "Foucault's Pendulum"