Amanda-Users

Re: ibm ultrium lto library/tape loader using chg-zd-mtx(freebsd)(amanda2.4.4)

2004-08-25 17:39:36
Subject: Re: ibm ultrium lto library/tape loader using chg-zd-mtx(freebsd)(amanda2.4.4)
From: "Frazier Scott" <scottf AT oit DOT edu>
To: <asulter AT enter DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:31:50 -0700
Yup.  I was trying to set up amanda using chg-zd-mtx.  mtx -f /dev/sg5
yielded info on the changer, and mtx -f /dev/sg4 yielded info on the
drive so I figured tapedev should be /dev/sg4.  When I couldn't get the
tests to work, I looked at the script and discovered that in the places
it accesses tapedev, it uses the mt command.  So, I changed my tapedev
to /dev/nst0 (the "no-rewind" device I usually use with mt), and it
worked like a charm.  Now I'm just trying to figure out how to enable
host control of compression on my Dell PowerVault 120T DDS4.

Frazier.

>>> Armand Sulter <asulter AT enter DOT net> 8/25/2004 11:25:26 AM >>>

It comes back with :

bash-2.04# mt -f /dev/pass2 status
mt: /dev/pass2: Operation not permitted

Are you saying i should be able to access
/dev/pass2 as a regular tape drive ?

i read somewhere sometimes you have to use
the changer as tapedev, tried that tho, same
results.

With best regards,

Armand Sulter - Systems Administration
      ENTER.NET - "The Road to the Internet Starts Here!" (tm)
  (610) 437-2221 * http://www.enter.net/ * email:support AT enter DOT net