Amanda-Users

How does amanda determine free space?

2004-08-25 15:59:14
Subject: How does amanda determine free space?
From: Dave Sherohman <dsherohman AT westling DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:56:55 -0500
I just installed the amanda client on a new server that's being added
to our backups and, thanks to minor libc versioning issues, the host
check is returning a series of

dir /tmp/amanda needs 64KB, only has -2147483648KB available.

errors.

I've only seen this bug with the large negative sizes in df before,
so I brought that up-to-date on the new server and it now reports disk
sizes and available space correctly, but amanda's still getting the
bad readings.

So, what method does amanda use to determine the available space?
I assume it's not internal, as the amanda and glibc versions are in sync,
but that makes it non-obvious which other app needs to be updated to
clear this up.

(This is on a Debian basically-stable system which needed an app running
at the version from testing and dragged in the testing glibc along
with it.)