Amanda-Users

Monthly to DVD

2004-08-19 08:36:52
Subject: Monthly to DVD
From: Gaby Vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:33:02 +0100
I want to write a full dump to a DVD, once a month. We're happy with intermediate tapes but would like to take a monthly snapshot of the archive. It will fit on a DVD so we're not talking enormous backups here. What configuration does Amanda need to extract a compress full monthly dump?

Can this be done through amrestore? Is there any way to dump a compressed amanda archive to a file? And doesn't amanda spread full dumps througout the dump cycle anyway, making it hard to get a complete dump of lots of entries in disklist at the same time?

Gaby

--
Ha! Ha! Ha!  Dislocation...
- Phil Ken Sebben