Amanda-Users

Re: 'strange amanda header' errors

2004-08-18 17:37:16
Subject: Re: 'strange amanda header' errors
From: "Scott Frisbie" <sfriz AT linuxmail DOT org>
To: "Paul Bijnens" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:33:32 +0800
Paul,
Again thanks for the shell script. We ran a brand new tape in the machine and
got this output:
====
AMANDA: FILE 20040818 cvs.yadayada.com  /etc lev 1 comp"N program /bin/gtar
To restore,"position tape at start of file and run:
        dd if=<tape>"bs=32k skip½1"| /bin/gtar -f... -

1+0 records in
1+0 records out
====
AMANDA: FILE 20040818 stats.yadayadayada.com /etc lev 1 comp"N program
/bin/gtar
To restore, position tape at start of file and run:
        dd if=<tape>"bs=32k skip½1"| /bin/gtar -f... -

1+0 records in
1+0 records out
====
It looks like I am still getting some strange headers.  We were wondering if
this could be due to different releases of amanda running on the various
machines. A couple of
other options are that the tape drive is going bad or that maybe there is some
config setting that needs to be changed. Any ideas?
Scott