Amanda-Users

[no subject]

2004-08-16 04:14:11
From: phil.owen AT viatel DOT com
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:04:45 +0100
Hi,

I had an unusual thing happen with the backup of a Samba share on Friday night.
I had added the share for Thursday night's run, but it had failed with a data
timeout. I think the holding disk may have run out of space (a bigger one is on
its way).

I had enabled client compression to try and get the size down and was keen to
see if it would work on Friday night.  However, it did a (successful) L1
backup, despite never having done a successful L0 on this disk.

Is this peculiar to Samba backups or is it a 'feature' of the planner?

Philip Owen

For more information about the Viatel Group, please visit www.viatel.com

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT TO WHICH IT
IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND
EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this e-mail is prohibited, and you should delete this e-mail from
your system.  The Viatel group of companies does not conclude contracts by
e-mail nor does it receive contractual notices by e-mail.

This message has been scanned for viruses and spam by Viatel MailControl -
www.viatel.com