Amanda-Users

Re: add more config into amanda

2004-08-13 19:06:09
Subject: Re: add more config into amanda
From: Glenn English <ghe AT slsware DOT com>
To: nina <nina AT gibbons DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:00:55 -0500
On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 16:08, nina wrote:
> I have amanda running for Daily config and Weekly config. Now I want to
> add 1 more config just to do the test (say  tempConfig). Do I need to
> rebuild amanda? or what do  I need to do?

When I've wanted to do that, I cloned one of my existing config
directories and changed the names, regexes, numbers, and dates and
deleted the tapelitsts. Then amlabel'ed some new tapes. amdump took care
of the rest, IIRC.

Rebuilding amanda is not at all necessary -- just a new config.

--
Glenn English <ghe AT slsware DOT com>