Amanda-Users

What does it mean: "ERROR: <hostname>: [host <hostname>:Port XXXX not secure]"

2004-08-13 16:29:29
Subject: What does it mean: "ERROR: <hostname>: [host <hostname>:Port XXXX not secure]"
From: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:17:43 -0500
I'm working on installing AMANDA on a new RH9 server. All my clients
still have an older version of the client installed; and they work fine
with the old backup server. However, with this new RH9 one, when I run
amcheck, AMANDA appears to try and contact them, but I get an error
message that says:

ERROR: <hostname>: [host <hostname>:Port XXXX not secure]

Weird thing is, the XXXX (Port number?) keeps incrementing by 1 every
time I run amcheck!

Do I need to install the newest (same) version of the client?

I have attempted to install the client to the actual RH9 server which is
running amanda; but this also yields the same error! So I assumed that
not having the proper client version is not the (only) problem.

Thanks very much if anybody can help,

Wayne.