Amanda-Users

Re: hp ultrium 100GB lto-1 tape

2004-08-13 11:22:36
Subject: Re: hp ultrium 100GB lto-1 tape
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest AT afrinic DOT org>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:17:32 -0400
* Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest AT afrinic DOT org> [20040813 10:57]:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
>
> > * Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest AT afrinic DOT org> [20040813 10:31]:
> > > hello amanda-users,
> > >
> > > i am a newbie to backups and amanda in particular. i am trying to get the
> > > parameters for the HP-Ultrium LTO-1 100/200G tape so that i can paste in
> > > amanda.conf.
> >
> > I don't have HP but Seagate and IBM, shouldn't make any diff though:
> >
> > define tapetype Ultrium-SGT-LTO {
> >     comment "just produced by tapetype program"
> >     length 101376 mbytes
> >     filemark 0 kbytes
> >     speed 15084 kps
> > }
>
> thanks - i am going to try this immediately.
>
> > > amdtape command has now gone for 30 hours!! is this normal? can someone
> > > please send me their configuration in case they are using a similar tape?
> >
> > make sure you use a no rewind no compression tape device.
>
> i am still fuguring amanda out - where do i specify this?

If you mean in amanda.conf then its called 'tapedev'.
But maybe you should go throuh the docs first and read
carefully. That will save you a lot of grief.

How did you configure Amanda?
On which OS?

jf

--
Better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.