Amanda-Users

Re: Errors from changing dtimeout/ctimeout settings

2004-08-12 13:50:05
Subject: Re: Errors from changing dtimeout/ctimeout settings
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:43:41 -0400
On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 10:12:30AM -0500, Larry Dunham wrote:
> Lines 41-44 below were copied into amanda.conf from another tape server's
> amanda.conf where I have not been having timeout issues.  If I delete lines
> 41-44 it runs fine, but of course leaves me with my original problem.

Perhaps the server you're trying to modify is running an older
version of Amanda, which doesn't recognize dtimeout and ctimeout.

> I've also tried just typing the lines in by hand in case I was bringing over
> control characters with my copy and paste in ProComm. Same result.

That was going to be my first guess :-)

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau