Amanda-Users

Configuration Question

2004-08-05 16:06:45
Subject: Configuration Question
From: Nick Niehoff <nniehoff AT uccs DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:05:35 -0600
I am backing up several machines to one large RAID array on one machine. I have set my tapetype length to 4608 mbytes (4.5G) so I can eventually burn these tapes to DVD's (I have a 200 disk DVD-RW). On a couple machines I have smaller RAID arrays which contain 150+Gb of data. I am trying to configure the disklist so these few directories are low priority with high compression. I would like the restore/recover process to be as simple as possible in case something ever happens. I have found that for every entry in the disklist file when I use amrecover I have to setdisk to that disk. Well I can break up these huge file systems into 4.5G chunks and put each chunk in the disklist file (as I must because one dump can not span multiple tapes correct?) but then when I use recover I have to start at the root and then setdisk to every subdirectory inside of that. Is there a simple way of doing this so I can use amrecover/amrestore to recover from the root directory all other directories that are in different chunks? I hope this makes since.

Thanks in advance,
Nick Niehoff