Amanda-Users

Re: `RESULTS MISSING' error

2004-08-05 15:39:44
Subject: Re: `RESULTS MISSING' error
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:32:16 +0200 (MEST)
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> But amdump itself still fails:
>
> | *** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!
> |
> | The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
> | The next new tape already labelled is: DAILY01.
> |
> | FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
> |   driver: FATAL reading result from taper: Connection reset by peer
> |   anakin     sda5 RESULTS MISSING

I found the cause of the problem: apparently Debian's cdrw-taper package
contains a syntax error in the supplied config file, causing Amanda to fail.
Bug submitted and my complete bug report is available at

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds