Amanda-Users

Re: amandaidx access not allowed (bilingual)

2004-05-26 10:50:12
Subject: Re: amandaidx access not allowed (bilingual)
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:38:56 +0200
Hi, Pablo,

on Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2004 at 16:22 you wrote to amanda-users:

PQV> Hi all!! Yes, thats me with more questions!!!

;-) Hi again, Pablo, you are welcome ...

PQV> I have readed (realy) the docs and the others post but
PQV> i didnt find any solution to my problem.

PQV> Im trying to recover some data with amrecover, but
PQV> when I execute this:

PQV> $su
PQV> Password:
PQV> $cd ~amanda
PQV> $amrecover Diaria
PQV> AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p2. Contacting server on
PQV> irixoa06 ...
PQV> 220 irixoa06 AMANDA index server (2.4.4p2) ready:
PQV> 500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed
PQV> from root AT irixoa06.des.udc DOT es] amandahostsauth failed

PQV> i have entries for root and for amanda in the server's
PQV> .amadahosts and so in the client's one.

PQV> If the solution is in the docs, please tell me where
PQV> can I fin it,will be better for you and for me.
PQV> Help please.

It is in the docs, yes, but no problem.
You could find it online in the AMANDA FAQ-O-MATIC:

http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/17.html

How does your .amandahosts look like?

You have to have this in your file:

irixoa06.des.udc.es root

PQV> And now for the spanish people:

PQV> Hola a todos!! Sí, soy yo con más preguntas!!

I don't understand, but welcome the spanish community in here ;-)
--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger