Amanda-Users

Re: amdadad trouble on Linux

2004-05-20 22:29:08
Subject: Re: amdadad trouble on Linux
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:23:13 -0400
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 07:11:51PM -0600, Glenn English wrote:
> tcpdump shows packets on loopback going to the amanda port, but no
> response.

Hmm, "loopback" suggests that your disklist refers to the machine
in question as "localhost".  Try replacing that with its FQDN.
Mucho, mucho discussion in the list archives...

> I've removed and reinstalled the amanda package (Gentoo unmerge, emerge).

Just to forestall comments from others, let me remind folks that
this *does* involve compiling from source :-)  Umm, I gotta ask:
anything suspicious in the emerge log?

> Is there something I can do to get verbose debugging output
> somewhere?

It should already exist.  Take a look at the debug files, in
/tmp/amanda by default, but you (or in this case, the ebuild)
might have configured them to go elsewhere.  Start with the
amandad.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.debug files.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau