Amanda-Users

Re: Can't open exclude file ???

2004-05-20 15:57:04
Subject: Re: Can't open exclude file ???
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:53:43 -0400
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 09:02:38AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> >   setfacl -m u:amanda:rwx /export/home/*
>
> Another approach, if ACL's are unavailable or ?overkill?,
> would be to give the directory world execute permission (751).

By the same token, I'm not familiar with ACLs, but it looks to me
as though you gave the "amanda" user "rwx" permissions on the
home directories.  It should suffice to give that user "x" on
/export/home/*, and "r" on /export/home/*/.amanda.exclude.  In
particular, write permission shouldn't be needed at all.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau