Amanda-Users

Re: Can't open exclude file ???

2004-05-20 06:42:50
Subject: Re: Can't open exclude file ???
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:40:13 +0200
Hi, Lars,

on Donnerstag, 20. Mai 2004 at 02:57 you wrote to amanda-users:

LKS> In my disklist file, I'm backing up individual home directories:

LKS>   arcadia /export/home/lars       comp-user-tar

LKS> Permissions on this directory are 750, so amcheck is failing:

LKS>   ERROR: backuphost: [Can't open exclude file
LKS>   '/export/home/lars/.amanda.exclude': Permission denied]

Just a wild guess because it is not exactly clear from your posting:

Note that backuphost gives you the error.

The file arcadia:/export/home/lars/.amanda.exclude has to exist, not
the file backuphost:/export/home/lars/.amanda.exclude.

The excludes are handled at the client-side.

--

Your amdump should work fine, yes.

--
best regards,