Amanda-Users

Re: Max File Size

2004-05-17 16:24:47
Subject: Re: Max File Size
From: Jonathan Dill <jfdill AT jfdill DOT com>
To: Josh Welch <jwelch AT buffalowildwings DOT com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:20:54 -0400
The limitation could be that the login shell is not compiled with
LARGEFILE enabled--that was a bug that plagued tcsh in various distros
for awhile, though I haven't seen that bug lately.  In the past, I ended
up getting the Mandrake SRPM for tcsh and porting it into Red Hat to fix
the problem, or just using bash.

I think there's a way to use "strace" or "strings" to see if LARGEFILE
was enabled when the shell was compiled, but it's been so long I don't
remember--maybe someone else can chime in with the answer, or you could
dredge it up from the list archives.

--
Jonathan Dill <jfdill AT jfdill DOT com>