Amanda-Users

Re: Unable to amlabel a tape

2004-05-11 08:23:13
Subject: Re: Unable to amlabel a tape
From: Matthias Andree <ma AT dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund DOT de>
To: gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:20:23 +0200
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> writes:

> The 2.6.5 etc kernels also have some configuration switches you can
> build in for the OnStream stuff, I noticed them in passing just a few
> days ago.  This might, in the long run make your life a lot more
> enjoyable if you are comfortable building your own kernels.

Oh, my life is enjoyable, without Onstream hardware :-)

Not that I'm uncomfortable with building my own kernels, but I happen to
dislike non-standard-conformant hardware and OnStream has a good deal of
such stuff in their portfolio.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95