Amanda-Users

Re: Unable to amlabel a tape

2004-05-09 08:13:35
Subject: Re: Unable to amlabel a tape
From: Matthias Andree <ma AT dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund DOT de>
To: Laurent <lcolonges AT dms DOT com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:01:33 +0200
Laurent <lcolonges AT dms DOT com> writes:

> This a MDK 9.2 now (with 2.4 kernel), but i expected to end up with the
> latest 10.0 with 2.6 kernel.
> But i think i'll stay with 2.4 if  the latest is tricky.

2.6 isn't tricky but has rearranged configuration and gives more
explicit hints that some of the Onstream hardware is broken; the
majority of their devices used to NOT follow the regular SCSI model,
command set etc. for sequential access devices (read: tape trives).

> About the device, thanks ! I wasn't aware of nst0. It works now. Maybe
> adding it to the FAQ...

No need, the error message is clear and tells you how to remedy the
problem - check the st(4) manual page, start with the FILES section near
the end. :-)

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95