Amanda-Users

Re: your mail

2004-05-11 06:32:24
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Gavin Henry <Gavin.Henry AT invsat DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 06:28:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 11 May 2004 at 8:44am, Gavin Henry wrote

> Anyone know where I can get an RPM with ufsrestore/ufsdump in it, so I
> can search through a tape as per the RESTORE file in the Amanda docs?

Err, by RPM I'm assuming you mean for a Linux system, and by
ufsrestore/ufsdump I'm assuming you mean the Solaris backup utilties,
which I'm pretty sure haven't been ported to Linux.  You can still search
through a tape by using 'dd' to read the file headers.  When you find the
right image, 'dd' it off the tape, send it to a Solaris box, and use
ufsrestore on it.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering