Amanda-Users

Re: Full system backups on Fridays

2004-05-07 09:00:25
Subject: Re: Full system backups on Fridays
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:53:20 -0400 (EDT)
My site generally follows the amanda scheduling policy
but we've one or two systems where they really want
complete offsite backups once/week.

We added a line to cron that executes on fridays only
that does an amadmin force of the partitions.

The general result is that we need to run flushes on Monday...

I think we need off-site more than weekly (this is our real
offsite, not down the hall but actually another building).