Amanda-Users

Re: problem with amdump

2004-05-06 10:26:40
Subject: Re: problem with amdump
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: nejat onay erkose <nejat_onay.erkose AT int-evry DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 16:24:03 +0200
nejat onay erkose wrote:

I have the below message in the log file after the amdump.It says that it fails to estimate. What might be the problem anybody knows?

Probably, but we can't tell you...
At least not from the information you gave.
What did amcheck say?
Did you at least try to solve this yourself by trying to understand
what amanda needs to do?

Config files please, debug files please.

... and when I run amrecover I got the below message stating that it cannot find any log files for the date.

Not suprising when making the the backup even failed.

No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator

That last sentence seems to be a good suggestion... :-)