Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck asking for tape in slot 2. Only have one tape drive.

2004-04-29 11:20:10
Subject: Re: amcheck asking for tape in slot 2. Only have one tape drive.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:17:07 -0400
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 12:41:27PM +0200, Sören Edzen wrote:
> * Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> [2004-04-28 23:49]:
> [snip]
> > Does your amanda.conf file claim a changer is in use?
> [/snip]
> The only thing I have in my amanda.conf that mentions changer is
> 'tpchanger'. Could it be that?
>
> Below is a part off my amanda.conf. I haven't included tape and
> holding disk definitions and settings that I know are local, to save space. I
> they are needed, please
> let me know.
>
> [snip]
> # amanda.conf -
> runtapes 1            # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
> tpchanger "chg-manual"        # the tape-changer glue script

Perhaps someone else can pick up this thread for you.
I've not used the changer script "chg-manual".
Neither have I used a non-changer device with amanda.

Looking at the chg-manual source it does have code relating to
"slots", probably trying to emulate an actual changer device
by having you manually changed the tapes when a new tape
is required.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)