Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover, extracting the files

2004-04-23 10:31:11
Subject: Re: amrecover, extracting the files
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:28:03 -0400
On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 04:19:26PM +0200, nejat onay erkose wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am stuck in a very basic step of recovering with amrecover.I tried to
> execute amrecover  with: (by the way I use file-driver)
>
> amrecover -C test -d /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12  (where the data that I
> want to extract resides in)
>
> (if i don't put -d /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12, it takes /dev/null as the
> default tape device.  Am I doing the right thing here?)
>
> and after running amrecover, I always have to change the disk to
> /home/noe (the dumped directoy) via:
> setdisk /home/noe
>
> The only thing I wanted to do is simply to extract some files from this
> dump and as it is seen below at the first line, I have added Capture.png
> in to the list...
>
> amrecover> add Capture.png
> Added /ReportAmanda/Capture.png
> amrecover> list
> TAPE test12 LEVEL 0 DATE 2004-04-21
>        /ReportAmanda/Capture.pngstill
> amrecover> extract list
>
> Extracting files using tape drive /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12 on host
> localhost.
> The following tapes are needed: test12
>
> Restoring files into directory /home/noe
> Continue [?/Y/n]? Y
>
> Extracting files using tape drive /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12 on host
> localhost.
> Load tape test12 now

I assume you are using some form of a "changer" for your virtual tapes.

Did you follow the request and actually "load tape test12"?

> Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y

This is intended to be answered after you have confirmed tape test12
is available to amrecover.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)