Amanda-Users

amrecover, extracting the files

2004-04-23 10:19:49
Subject: amrecover, extracting the files
From: nejat onay erkose <nejat_onay.erkose AT int-evry DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:19:26 +0200
Hello,

I am stuck in a very basic step of recovering with amrecover.I tried to execute amrecover with: (by the way I use file-driver)

amrecover -C test -d /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12  (where the data that I
want to extract resides in)

(if i don't put -d /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12, it takes /dev/null as the
default tape device.  Am I doing the right thing here?)

and after running amrecover, I always have to change the disk to
/home/noe (the dumped directoy) via:
setdisk /home/noe

The only thing I wanted to do is simply to extract some files from this
dump and as it is seen below at the first line, I have added Capture.png
in to the list...

amrecover> add Capture.png
Added /ReportAmanda/Capture.png
amrecover> list
TAPE test12 LEVEL 0 DATE 2004-04-21
       /ReportAmanda/Capture.pngstill
amrecover> extract list

Extracting files using tape drive /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12 on host
localhost.
The following tapes are needed: test12

Restoring files into directory /home/noe
Continue [?/Y/n]? Y

Extracting files using tape drive /var/lib/amanda/bande/t12 on host
localhost.
Load tape test12 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on localhost.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]?

and that is the result, still I couldn't extract the files.

I would be glad,if you could help, thanx!