Amanda-Users

RE: AIT-2

2004-04-07 16:56:37
Subject: RE: AIT-2
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "'Christopher Linn'" <celinn AT mtu DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:51:08 -0700

> what platform/OS is your tapehost?

AMD System, running RedHat 9.0.  I'm using a stock 2.4.22 kernel.

> did you also modify your SCSI tape driver config file
> (/kernel/drv/st.conf
> on Solaris) so the driver can know about particular capabilities of
> the tapedrive?

I didn't modify any kernel source files.  I'm using 2 modules, st.o for the
tape drive, and sg.o for the tape changer.

> only with larger tape files, e.g. over ~16Gb in size.  symptom was
> device timeouts on the tape device, and amanda "thought" these dumps
> were successful!

Really?  How were you able to resolve this problem?  Did you lower chunksize or
something similar in the amanda.conf file?

-Rob