Amanda-Users

Re: Repost: ? holding disk contents

2004-02-27 16:45:34
Subject: Re: Repost: ? holding disk contents
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:40:31 -0500
On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:05:15PM -0500, Allen Liu --- work wrote:

> Thanks Jon.
> I just want to see in case tape drive is not available for some reasons, if
> amanda can store data in holding disk temparily.
> My machine works find for normal backup, but i couldn't see data in holding
> disk.
>
> Allen Liu

Degraded mode does not equate to being no tape available.
I forgot to change my six tape cartridge a little while ago.
Yet 5 days of backups collected normally, not degraded, in
my holding disk spaces (plural).

Degraded mode is not able to tape AND insufficient holding
disk space for level 0 dumps.  Both conditions must exist.

Now, why aren't you seeing anything in your holding disk?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)