Amanda-Users

Re: Repost: ? holding disk contents

2004-02-27 11:57:08
Subject: Re: Repost: ? holding disk contents
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Allen Liu --- work <allen AT bellglobal DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:54:39 -0600
--On Friday, February 27, 2004 11:31:11 -0500 Allen Liu --- work <allen AT
bellglobal DOT com> wrote:

> Just repost because I dodn't get any respose.
> Is it true that amdump won't go on if tape device is not ready ?

I haven't used chg-manual, but I assume it sits there waiting for
you to put in a tape and say its ready.
   However, if you have adequate holdingdisk space, it could still
do incrementals (and fulls if reserve isn't set too low) to disk,
although perhaps it is waiting on the manual input before deciding
on whether to run in normal or degraded mode.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673