Amanda-Users

amandahostsauth failed

2004-02-24 05:47:24
Subject: amandahostsauth failed
From: Kristian Rink <krink AT pm-planc DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:42:49 +0100
Hi all,...

...slowly getting my amanda system to work with our tape libary, by
now I am still not able to dump any data to tape. In the end, amdump
each and every time fails with

ERROR planner localhost:  [access as backup not allowed from
backup@backer] amandahostsauth failed

I found some solutions to amandahostsauth failures while googling
around, modified both the /etc/amandahosts and
/var/backups/.amandahosts file in several ways and yet haven't
found a working solution for that problem. Amanda is only running on
one single server (Debian testing) and is configured to just dump a
huge drive connected right to that server, so there's just one host
involved in this configuration. Can anyone point me a direction to
success? :)

TIA and bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden