Amanda-Users

Re: amandahostsauth failed

2004-02-24 06:48:09
Subject: Re: amandahostsauth failed
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:45:17 +0100
Hi, Kristian,

on Dienstag, 24. Februar 2004 at 11:42 you wrote to amanda-users:

KR> ...slowly getting my amanda system to work with our tape libary, by
KR> now I am still not able to dump any data to tape. In the end, amdump
KR> each and every time fails with

KR> ERROR planner localhost:  [access as backup not allowed from
KR> backup@backer] amandahostsauth failed

KR> I found some solutions to amandahostsauth failures while googling
KR> around, modified both the /etc/amandahosts and
KR> /var/backups/.amandahosts file in several ways and yet haven't
KR> found a working solution for that problem. Amanda is only running on
KR> one single server (Debian testing) and is configured to just dump a
KR> huge drive connected right to that server, so there's just one host
KR> involved in this configuration. Can anyone point me a direction to
KR> success? :)

What do you have in your .amandahosts?
Where is it?

Should go to ~backup and look like

backer backup

even better

backer.domain.xyz backup

(FQDN - fully qualified hostname)

As the client connects as the dump-user (which seems to be backup in
your setup), amandad has got to let it in and looks it up in

~dumpuser/.amandahosts

--
best regards,
Stefan