Amanda-Users

Need URGENT help restoring!

2004-02-17 14:37:04
Subject: Need URGENT help restoring!
From: "Sean Noonan" <noonans AT watkinscontracting DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:33:45 -0800
I'm in need of urgent help.

I'm trying to restore the directory /usr/home on a FreeBSD 4.9 box.  /usr is
mounted as /dev/da0s1g.
The tapedevice I use is /dev/nrsa0.

I backup every night with the following dump type entry:

define dumptype always-full {
        global
        comment "Full dump of this filesystem always"
        program "DUMP"
        compress server fast
        priority high
        # exclude list "/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar"
        dumpcycle 0
}

Can someone PLEASE tell me the magic syntax to restore /usr/home??

The tape I want to restore from is about a week old.  I want to use this
tape because I'm sure it's the most recent that has all the data I need to
restore.  Let's call this tape DailySet1-17 for example.

TIA,

-- Sean Noonan

*****************************************************************************************************************************

No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf
of Watkins Contracting, L.P., with another
party by email without express written confirmation by an Officer of the
company.  In addition, any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Watkins Contracting, L.P.
Employees of Watkins Contracting, L.P., are expressly required not to make
defamatory statements and not to infringe or
authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email
communications.  Any such communication is contrary
to company policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual
concerned.  The company will not accept any
liability in respect of such communication, and the employee responsible will
be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising.