Amanda-Users

Re: script to calculate tape parameters

2004-02-16 18:18:04
Subject: Re: script to calculate tape parameters
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:28:18 -0500 (EST)
Kurt Yoder said:
> Hello list
>
> I wasn't sure I understood how to set the Amanda dumpcycle, runspercycle,
> runtapes, and tapecycle correctly, so I wrote a small perl script to check my
> logic. It asks a few questions about the number of backups within a certain
> time period, whether a changer will be used, etc, and then prints the values
> one should set for dumpcycle, runspercycle, runtapes, and tapecycle. Assuming
> my thinking is correct, perhaps others on this list could benefit from the
> script as well, so I am attaching it...

I refined the script a bit based on feedback from the list. I've posted the
updated script to the faq-o-matic at
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/391.html since the mailing list
archive strips attachments.

If there's interest, I can set up a Sourceforge project, though this is such a
small script it hardly seems worth it.

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator